Kathmandu is the capital city of the country Nepal covering an area of 50 sq km. The average altitude of the city is 1,350 meters above the sea level. According to the census of 2011, the city holds a population of 1,740,977. The city was previously called Kantipur and Kasthamandap. This place is the country’s most developed as well as urbanized area. The country holds centralization here. Other developed areas inside the valley around Kathmandu are Kirtipur, Bhaktapur and Patan.
Kathmandu is known to be the gateway for tourism industry in Nepal. The only international airport in the country lies here named Tribhuban International Airport. Tourists take their first step here before entering any part of the entire country, if they have arrived through flight.
Besides, the city is very rich in pilgrimage sites and holy areas. This city is a home to thousands of temples, monasteries, Baudha Gumbas including world heritage sites and other smaller temples. The Kathmandu Durbar Square and the Hanumandhoka Durbar Square are famous among the tourists as a sightseeing place. The Pashupatinath temple is considered as the holiest temple for Hindus and is listed among the world heritage sites. The Boudhanath also adds itself to the list being the holiest site of the Buddhists along with the Swyambhunath Stupa. The Changu Narayan temple at the top of a hill in the Kathmandu City is known to be an ancient holy temple. This place is also a home to a number of Museums and Art Galleries including the National Museum of Nepal.
The town offers these varieties of places suitable for sightseeing that enhances the tourism industry in the country. You can visit these places in several days and complete you sightseeing trip in Kathmandu.
Kathmandu Sightseeing Tour Itinerary:
Day 01: Upon arrival in Kathmandu Airport you will be warmly greeted by our representatives and you will be transferred to your hotel. Stay overnight
Day 02: Sight-seeing day in Kathmandu [1,338m/4,389ft]: Full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu valley includes the Hindu temple complex at Pashupatinath [a UNESCO World Heritage Site] & the biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath. Also visit Monkey Temple the Soyambhunath [2000 years old temple] and visit Patan city of fine arts. Back to hotel in the evening and stay overnight
Day 03: After an early breakfast explore out for sightseeing around Kathmandu Durbar square and the later drive to Dakshinkali [1,654m/5,426ft]. Back to hotel in the evening and stay overnight
Day 04: Free Day shopping and farewell dinner in the evening. Hotel overnight
Day 05: Final Departure
- All surface transfers as per itinerary
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- Fooding, lodging, insurance and other expenses of the staffs
- Fooding; Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner [as per itinerary] and lodging of the clients
- Necessary National Park fees
- All necessary paper works and permits
- Guided sightseeing tour
- Camping equipments such as very high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for camping
- Kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses and other kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements for our staffs
- All ground transportation by private vehicles as per the itinerary program
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking guide, cook, assistant leader [4 trekkers: 1 assistance] also a personal Sherpa on request
- Porter’s Charges [Porter can carry up to 20kg]
- Tea and coffee during Mountain Climbing
- Teahouse/Lodge and tented accommodation during trekking and climbing session
- Medical supplies [First Aid medical kit will be available]
- Trekking Information Management System [TIMS], New Trekking permit to keep record of tourist [This is for your safety]
- Seasonal fresh fruits such as orange, apple, banana, mango, grape and other Nepali local fruits
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Domestic / international airfares
- Nepal entry visa fee [Visa fees US$ 25 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days, US$ 40 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days & US$ 100 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 100 days.][ Visa can be easily issued upon the arrival of Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu which will require 2 passport size photos]
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- Expenses such as laundry, phone calls, internet and others
- Personal trekking equipments
- Entrance fees for sightseeing
- Any extra transportation except in itinerary [we can arrange upon request]
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Helicopter rescue due to out of control
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned in the inclusive price
- Some extra assistance like if you cannot walk properly our guide will arrange you horse to came back [if applicable this you have to pay them directly]
- Tips to staffs. After working everyone expect some Tips. We don’t mention fixed amount, it’s is up to you and up to their service, but generally tourists provide 10% of the total cost
- International airfares to and from Kathmandu as per your destination
- Single supplement charges [if required]
- Departure tax from Kathmandu
- Your travel insurances
- Cold drinks and beverages
Starts from: Contact Us
Why trip price is different?
Following are the determinants for the price
- Accomodations in Kathmandu and other cities
- Mode of Transportation (car/van/bus/flights)
- Number of crews(Guides & porters, Sherpas, Cook(s))
- Travelling time(Season)
- Extra services
Note: . The itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday. Similarly hotel can be upgraded or downgraded depend on your budget.
You will get best price after your inquiry We know about value of money and world economy, so fell free to share your tentative budget for this trip so we can mention and compromise with price, this is standard price for trip if you have low budget we can run even cheap and if you wise to pay more and need extra deluxe service we will do that.