Mani Rimdu Festival Trek
4 days in Kathmandu, 11 days in Trekking, 4 Nights hotel in Kathmandu, Total 15 days trip Magnificent view of Himalayas, Sherpa villages and Monasteries, Sagarmatha National Park, Syangboche Airstrip, monks of Chiwong and Tengboche monasteries, Sherpa best festival
The Mani Rimdu Festival is a colourful, noisy occasion that takes place in the most spectacular of settings. Performed by the monks of Chiwong and Tengboche monasteries, it depicts the victory of Buddhism over the ancient 'Bon' religion. The festival lasts for three days and is well attended by the Sherpa people who often trek for many days to witness this important event.
Tengboche Mani Rimdu starts on the full moon of October, and the Chiwong Mani Rimdu on the full moon of November. We have two special departures to both festivals, the exact dates of which are yet to be announced. Please contact our office if you are interested in these departures and we will confirm the dates as soon as they are known. On both Mani Rimdu departures we stay in our pre-booked comfortable mountain lodges.
Itinerary for Mani Rimdu Festival Trek
Day 01: Arrival in kathmandu, transfer to hotel
Day 02: Sightseeing / Cultural Day in Kathmandu Valley
Half day sightseeing around UNESCO Bhaktapur / Kathmandu where your guide will escort you on a tour of Buddhist and Hindu temples and shrines reflecting ancient local traditions. There is time to explore the city’s many places of interest on your own or take a rest while trekking permits are finalised. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 03: fly to Lukla, trek Phakding
Day 04: Namche Bazaar
Day 05: Namche
Day 06: Tengboche
Day 07: Tengboche - Mani Rimdu - ONG - (Blessing)
Day 08: Tengboche - CHAM (Masked Dance)
Day 09: Tengboche - JINSAK - (Closing Ceremony), trek to Pangboche
Day 10: Khumjung
Day 11: Phakding
Day 12: Lukla
Day 13: fly Lukla to Kathmandu
Day 14: Free day in Kathmandu
Day 15: Final Departure in your onwards destination
Starts from: US $ 1200.00 | Euro: 910: |GB Pound : 810
Why trip price is different?
Following are the determinants for the price
- Accomodations in Kathmandu and other cities
- Mode of Transportation (car/van/bus/flights)
- Number of crews(Guides & porters, Sherpas, Cook(s))
- Travelling time(Season)
- Extra services
Note: . The itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday. Similarly hotel can be upgraded or downgraded depend on your budget.
You will get best price after your inquiry We know about value of money and world economy, so fell free to share your tentative budget for this trip so we can mention and compromise with price, this is standard price for trip if you have low budget we can run even cheap and if you wise to pay more and need extra deluxe service we will do that.
- Pick & Drop to Airport/Hotel by our Private Car/ Van / Bus
- Accomodation in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing with English speaking tour guide by car/van
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek
- Accommodation of Lodges, Guest houses in Twin Sharing Bases during the trek
- Trekking Guides(Government Licensed holder) and Porters with good English during the trek
- Facility of Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- First Aid medical kit
- Everest(Sagarmatha) National Park permit fees
- Guide airfare Kathmandu to Lukla and Lukla to Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance for Nepali staff during trekking period
- TIMS (Trekker's Information Management System) Card
- Seasonal fresh fruits like (orange, apple, banana, mango and grape and other Nepali local fruits etc)
- All administrative works (If necessary) related to government body
- Government Taxes, legal expenses
- Meals in Kathmandu
- International flights
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Flights to Lukla & Lukla to Kathmandu
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- All alcoholic drinks, mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internet
- Extra Tea and Coffee.
- Personal trekking equipment, medical and travel insurance
- Any extra transportation except itinerary (we can arrange if request)
- Any kind of personal expenses / Helicopter rescue due to cause of out of our control.
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned in the inclusive price
- Some extra assistance like (if you can not walk properly our guide will arrange you horse, to came back, if applicable this you have to pay them directly)
- Tips to trekking staffs ( Amount depends upon you)