A Nepal Travel Visa is compulsory for all nationalities except Indian to enter Nepal. Nepal VISA can obtain from any Nepal Embassy/ Consulate or Mission offices abroad or you can obtain Nepal VISA upon arrival in TIA (Tribhuvan International Airport). ,Nepal Visa can be obtained for the following duration from any Nepalese Embassy or Consulate or at the entry points in Nepal.
New visa rule is applied for tourist in Nepal effective from 16 July 2008. Tourists who visit Nepal must hold valid passport and visa.
Download Nepal VISA Application Form (.pdf file)
Tourist entry visa can be obtained for the following duration from Nepal Embassy/ Consulate or Mission offices abroad, or at the following immigration offices in Nepal:
- Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
- Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
- Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
- Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
- Belhiya, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
- Jamuna, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
- Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
- Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
B. Tourist Visa
Multiple entry,15 days
Fees: US$ 25 or equivalent convertible currency
Multiple entry,30 days
Fees: US$ 40 or equivalent convertible currency
Multiple entry,90 days
Fees:US$ 100 or equivalent convertible currency
C. Tourist Visa Extension
- Visa extension fee for 15 days or less is US $ 30 or equivalent convertible currency and visa extension fee for more than 15 days is US$ 2 per day
- Tourist visa can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a single visa year (January – December).
D. Gratis (Free) Visa
- Gratis visa for 30 days available only for tourists of SAARC countries.
- Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
E. Transit Visa
- Transit visa for one day can be obtained from Nepal's immigration offices at the entry points upon the production of departure flight ticket via Tribhuvan International Airport in Nepal, by paying US $ 5 or equivalent convertible currency.
Nepal Doplomatic Mission